Some questions that REVEAL may assist to answer:
- Is Souring Potentially an Issue?
- How can it be quantified?
- Where is H2S likely to be created?
How will it be transported to the Producer?
The mixing of incompatible waters following an injection strategy may result in scale or souring.
REVEAL has a comprehensive water chemistry capability with a large database of reaction species and reaction pathways.
- The prediction of solid precipitation and dissolution is modelled as the chemical species are transported within the reservoir.
- Scale inhibitor and reversible/irreversible adsorption models are also present to model the behaviour of precipitates.
- A souring model, catalysed by bacterial action is present, with partitioning of H2S between the aqueous and oleic phases.
- Transport within Reservoir and Wellbore
- H2S scavenging modelled by adsorption isotherms
- Bacterial growth and metabolism model: T, P, nutrients and salinity effects